IDEA FOR AN INTEGRATED AGRI PROJECT FOR THE LOCAL GOAN FOOD ECO SYSTEMS – GOAN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
1. This Idea is based on:
a) the Golden opportunity to make a new integrated Agri complex after the COVID 10 lockedin
b) the employment needs for the local human resources
c) the need for Organised agricultural farming for local fruits and vegetables – after many of them are affected because of construction works in the state
b) the daily needs for the locally grown Agricultural produce
c) need to improve the GDP for Goa
The Idea is as follows:
1. Government will provide a minimum of 1000 acres of land for this Agri Project – one in North Goa and one in South Goa.
2. This land is made into 1 acre plots and given to prospective grower families. Approximately 1000 families will be involved in one unit of this project. It could be unemployed youth with the right aptitude.
3. The land may be given on Free for first 3 years and later on a mutually agreed rent.
4. A Project office in this premises provides Technical Education and other supports to the Growers.
5. The project will include waste utilization units, solar units, water treatment plants and other sustainable energy systems.
6. The project also includes Mushroom cultivation rooms, Green houses, Cold stores, Apiculture, Food Preservation Lab and Pottery.
6. Horticultural Corporation shall be the buyer for the produce from this project.
1. Minimum of 1000 acres of land ( one in South Goa and One in North Goa)
2. Moderate housing facility
3. An extension or Independent wing for Agricultural services
4. Agriproject Infrastructure support – for irrigation, for providing Technical education, Cold store, etc
This integrated Agri Complex will not only provide employment but also introduce innovative Agricultural practices to produce Local Agricultural product efficiently. This can cater to both Local and Export markets.